These Terms of Service apply when you access, download, install, and use our Software and the services provided through the Software (the Software and these services constituting the “Service”). The Service is provided to you by Cheetah Mobile, Inc. (“Company,” “we,” “us” and “our”). We prepared these terms of service (these “Terms of Service”) to help explain the terms that apply to your use of the Service.
Notice Regarding Dispute Resolution: These Terms of Service contain provisions that govern how claims you and we may have against each other are resolved (see Section 10 below), including an agreement and obligation to arbitrate disputes, which will, subject to limited exceptions, require you to submit claims you have against us to binding arbitration, unless you opt-out in accordance with Section 10(E). Unless you opt-out of arbitration: (a) you will only be permitted to pursue claims against us on an individual basis, not as part of any class or representative action or proceeding and (b) you will only be permitted to seek relief (including monetary, injunctive, and declaratory relief) on an individual basis.
1. Updates to these Terms of Service. We may modify these Terms of Service from time to time. We will notify you of material changes to these Terms of Service by posting the amended terms on the Sit before the effective date of the changes. In addition, you will be required to accept the new Terms of Service the first time you visit the Service. If you do not agree with the proposed changes, you should discontinue your use of the Service prior to the time the new Terms of Service take effect. If you continue using the Service after the new terms take effect, you will be bound by the modified Terms of Service.
3. Affirmative Representations Regarding Your Use of the Service. When you use the Service, you represent that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) your use of the Service and your use of services available on the Service do not violate any applicable law or regulation; (c) you are 13 years of age or older; and (d) you are of sufficient legal age or otherwise have legal capacity to legally enter into these Terms of Service.
(1) You acknowledge that you have only a non-exclusive and limited right to use the Service on non-commercial purposes within the validity period of the agreement. You may not reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Product or attempt to gain access to the source code for the Product, except and only to the extent that it is expressly permitted by applicable law.
(2) You will not transfer or assign the Software or this Agree and/or any rights or obligations hereunder without the prior written consent of Cheetah Mobile..
(3) Your rights under this Agreement will automatically terminate if you breach any of your material obligations under this Agreement. Upon any termination of this Agreement, you will destroy all copies of the Software promptly after such termination.
(4) All rights not expressly granted are reserved by Cheetah Mobile.
5. Prohibited Activities. You agree that, in connection with your use of the Service, you will not:
(1) use the Service for any unauthorized purpose including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, the Service without our express written consent;
(2) transmit chain letters, bulk or junk email or interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Service or the networks or services connected to the Service, including without limitation, hacking into the Service, or using the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications;
(3) impersonate any other person or entity, sell or let others use your profile or password, provide false or misleading identification or address information, or invade the privacy, or violate the personal or proprietary right, of any person or entity;
(4) decompile, disassemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works from or sublicense the Service, or any portion thereof; or
(5) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Materials (as defined in Section 6) or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the Materials on the Service.
6. Our Intellectual Property Rights. Except for your Contributions and the Contributions of other users of the Service, all of the content on the Service (“Materials”) and the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on the Service, are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. The Service and the Materials are for your information and personal use only and not for commercial exploitation. We reserve all rights in and to the Service and the Materials. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for your own personal use, you must retain all trademark, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on the Materials.
7. Our Management of the Service; User Misconduct
(1) Our Right to Manage the Service. We reserve the right, but do not undertake the obligation to: (a) monitor or review the Service for violations of these Terms of Service and for compliance with our policies; (b) report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action against anyone who violates these Terms of Service; (c) manage the Service in a manner designed to protect our and third parties’ rights and property or to facilitate the proper functioning of the Service;
(2) Our Right to Terminate Users. WITHOUT LIMITING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF these Terms of Service, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT NOTICE OR LIABILITY, DENY ACCESS TO AND USE OF the Service TO ANY PERSON FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AT ALL, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FOR BREACH OF ANY REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR COVENANT CONTAINED IN these Terms of Service, OR OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
8. Third Party Website. You acknowledge and agree that the availability of the Service may be dependent on third party websites from which you download the Service. You acknowledge that these Terms of Service are between you and Cheetah Mobile, Inc. and not with the applicable Third Party Websites. Each Third Party Website may have its own terms and conditions to which you must agree before downloading the Service from it. You agree to comply with, and your license to use the Service is conditioned upon, your compliance with, the applicable Third Party Website terms and conditions. To the extent that other terms and conditions from the applicable Third Party Website are less restrictive than, or otherwise conflict with, the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service, the more restrictive or conflicting terms and conditions in these Terms of Service will apply.
9. Refund Policy.
To ensure that all customers have reasonable time to assess whether the purchased product and service meet their needs, we provide a 30-day Refund Guarantee. If a customer satisfies one of the following refundable circumstance, he can submit a refund request within 30 natural days after the completion of payment. Please be advised that if it is not submitted within the product's specified refund period stated above, the refund request will be rejected.
(1). Refundable Circumstances
a) Duplicate payment of purchase caused by the third-party payment channel;
b) Failure to receive the license code after the completion of payment. If a customer failed to receive the license code from our server after payment and has not received a timely response (within 48hours) from our support team after making contact, you can file a refund request to us and we will pay back all of your payment under your demand.
(2). No refund circumstances
a) Groundless Request. A customer can’t apply to refund for no reason after the payment. It’s strongly advised that you contact our technological team for help solve any concerns regarding the product or service.
b) Purchase "wrong license validity period". It is strongly recommended that you carefully check the validity and payment amount of the license before making the final purchase.
c) Unauthorized Transaction. A customer refund request on complaint of credit card fraud/other unauthorized payment. We recommends the customer contacts the card issuer if there is any suspicion of fraud or unauthorized payment. As we cooperate with an independent payment platform, it's impossible for us to monitor authorization during payment. Once an order is processed and fulfilled, it can't be cancelled.
d) System Incompatibility. You are not entitled to a refund if you assert that the product or service is not systematically compatible with your operating system or your hardware. It’s strongly recommended that you try the free version of our product or service before you decided to order a license code.
e) Technical error. A refund request due to technical trouble, with the customer refusing to cooperate with our support team in attempts at troubleshooting by declining to provide detailed descriptions and information regarding the problem, or refusing to try to apply the solutions provided by the our support team.
(3). Time Limit For Refund Request
a) Refunds will be processed within about 15 working days.
b) We will issue refunds either to the credit card, bank or third-party payment account you used in the purchase. Depending on the user's bank situation, refund may take about 72 hours to be credited.
If you have any other queries regarding the refund, please contact us through:email@example.com
10. Legal Disputes and Arbitration Agreement
Please Read This Following Clause Carefully – It May Significantly Affect Your Legal Rights, Including Your Right to File a Lawsuit in Court
(1) Initial Dispute Resolution. We are available by email at [firstname.lastname@example.org] to address any concerns you may have regarding your use of the Service. Most concerns may be quickly resolved in this manner. Each of you and the Company agree to use best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations which shall be a precondition to either party initiating a lawsuit or arbitration.
(2) Agreement to Binding Arbitration. If we do not reach an agreed upon solution within a period of thirty (30) days from the time informal dispute resolution is pursued pursuant to section 12(A) above, then either party may initiate binding arbitration. All claims arising out of or relating to these Terms of Service (including its formation, performance and breach), the parties’ relationship with each other and/or your use of the Service shall be finally settled by binding arbitration administered on a confidential basis by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the provisions of the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), excluding any rules or procedures governing or permitting class actions. The arbitrator, and not any federal, state or local court or agency, shall have exclusive authority to resolve all disputes arising out of or relating to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of these Terms of Service, including, but not limited to, any claim that all or any part of these Terms of Service is void or voidable. The arbitrator shall be empowered to grant whatever relief would be available in a court under law or in equity. The arbitrator’s award shall be binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. The interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act.
The AAA’s rules governing the arbitration may be accessed at www.adr.org or by calling the AAA at 1.800.778.7879. To the extent the filing fee for the arbitration exceeds the cost of filing a lawsuit, we will pay the additional cost. If we are required to pay the additional cost of the filing fees, you should submit A request for payment of fees to AAA along with your form for initiating the arbitration, and we will make arrangements to pay all necessary fees directly to AAA. The arbitration rules also permit you to recover attorney’s fees in certain circumstances.
The parties understand that, absent this mandatory provision, they would have the right to sue in court and have a jury trial. They further understand that, in some instances, the costs of arbitration could exceed the costs of litigation and the right to discovery may be more limited in arbitration than in court.
(3) Class Action and Class Arbitration Waiver. You and the Company each further agree that any arbitration shall be conducted in your respective individual capacities only and not as a class action or other representative action, and you and the Company each expressly waive your respective right to file a class action or seek relief on a class basis. If any court or arbitrator determines that the class action waiver set forth in this paragraph is void or unenforceable for any reason or that an arbitration can proceed on a class basis, then the arbitration provision set forth above in Section 10(B) shall be deemed null and void in its entirety and the parties shall be deemed to have not agreed to arbitrate disputes.
(4) Exception - Small Claims Court Claims. Notwithstanding the parties’ agreement to resolve all disputes through arbitration, either party may seek relief in a small claims court for disputes or claims within the scope of that court’s jurisdiction.
(5) 30 Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt-out and not be bound by the arbitration and class action waiver provisions set forth in Sections 10(B), 10(C), and 10(D) by sending written notice of your decision to opt-out to the following email: [email@example.com..] The notice must be sent within thirty (30) days of registering to use the Service, otherwise you shall be bound to arbitrate disputes in accordance with the terms of those sections. If you opt-out of these arbitration provisions, we also will not be bound by them.
(6) Exclusive Venue for Litigation. To the extent that the arbitration provisions set forth in Section 10(B) do not apply, the parties agree that any litigation between them shall be filed exclusively in state or federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California (except for small claims court actions which may be brought in the county where you reside). The parties expressly consent to exclusive jurisdiction in California for any litigation other than small claims court actions.
(7) Applicable Law. You agree that federal laws and the laws of the State of California, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms of Service and any claim or dispute that has arisen or may arise between you and the Company.
11. Warranty Disclaimer; Limitation on Liability
(1) Disclaimer of Warranties
a) to the extent permitted by applicable law, ALL Materials OR ITEMS PROVIDED THROUGH the Service ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. BY OPERATING the Service, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR IMPLY THAT WE ENDORSE ANY MATERIALS OR ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO BY the Service, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTENT HOSTED ON THIRD PARTY SITES, OR THAT WE BELIEVE ANY MATERIALS OR ITEMS TO BE ACCURATE, USEFUL OR NON-HARMFUL. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF the Service. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN these Terms of SErvice. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF The Service WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND EACH OF OUR ADVERTISERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER CONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH the Service AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
b) to the extent permitted by applicable law, WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS OR COMPLETENESS OF the service’s CONTENT, THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE LINKED TO the service, INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS ON the service OR LINKED TO BY the Service. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF the SERVICE, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM the service, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH the service BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA the Service.
(2) Limited Liability. to the extent permitted by applicable law, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF the Service, ANY MATERIALS, OR ANY OTHER CONTENT THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN These Terms of SErvice, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH These Terms of Service, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR IN ANY OTHER WAY SHALL NOT EXCEED $50.
12. Notice to New Jersey Users. Notwithstanding any terms set forth in these Terms of Service, if any of the provisions set forth in Section 13 are held unenforceable, void or inapplicable under New Jersey law, then any such provision shall not apply to you but the rest of these Terms of Service shall remain binding on you and the Company. In addition, for New Jersey residents, the limitation on liability is inapplicable where attorneys’ fees, court costs, or other damages are mandated by statue. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms of Service, nothing in these Terms of Service is intended to, nor shall it be deemed or construed to, limit any rights available to you under the Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act.
13. Notice to California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users located in California are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If a user has a question or complaint regarding the Service, please send an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org..] California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112, Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 95了2-5210.
14. Independent Contractors. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship of any kind between us and any user.
15. Non-Waiver. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not operate as a waiver of the applicable right or provision.
16. Severability. These Terms of Service operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision or part of a provision of these Terms of Service is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from these Terms of Service and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
17. Assignment. We may assign our rights under these Terms of Service without your approval.
18. No Modifications by Our Employees. If any of our employees offer to modify the terms of these Terms of Service, he or she is not acting as an agent for us or speaking on our behalf. You may not rely, and should not act in reliance on, any statement or communication from our employees or anyone else purporting to act on our behalf.
19. Contact Information. If you have any questions about these Terms of Service or your account, please contact us at [email@example.com.]